ICAAL is an innovative full service digital marketing agency based in superb newly refurbished offices in Southampton’s city centre with plenty of on-site staff parking. Due to continued rapid expansion, we are looking for a talented web designer / developer to join our fast growing creative digital team.
ICAAL are proud to be one of the leading agencies in the highly competitive home improvements sector. As an expert consultancy with years of experience, our creative marketing strategies, unique software solutions and unrivalled industry knowledge provide our clients with a distinct competitive advantage and return on investment.
Therefore, the successful applicant will be joining a market leading creative design team, working within an innovative agency with a fast-paced and exciting environment.
We offer a superb work/life balance, excellent working environment and attractive salary. We actively encourage training and development in order to facilitate career progression.
- Estimate and deliver work on time and within budget
- Create pre-development wireframes and design concepts
- Create stunning website designs with excellent UX and UI
- Design and develop WordPress templates from scratch
- Develop mobile responsive WordPress templates from PSD, XD, Sketch etc.
- Fully test layout and script across all browsers
- Manage and deliver client support tickets
- Setup and configure domains, emails, hosting and MySQL databases
- Update client websites on a monthly basis
- Liaise with clients to fulfil requests and aid project progression
Essential Skills / Knowledge
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Version control e.g. Git
- Adobe CC (Ps & Ai in particular)
Advantageous Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent UX & UI design
- Familiarity with web prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Figma etc.)
- Experience using CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation etc.)
- Bespoke CMS development
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience using REST APIs (Google Maps, MailChimp, HubSpot etc.)
- Design and code responsive HTML email templates
- Print design experience (business cards, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Linux Server Administration
- 2+ yrs demonstrable experience
Salary & Benefits
- £25,000 – £30,000 per annum – Salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Pension opportunity
- Attractive modern offices in central Southampton
- Close to central train station and local shops
- On-site staff parking
- Four weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Training and development provided
- Career progression plan
- Air-conditioned offices
- Latest equipment and technology
- Presents on your birthday
- Staff welfare and parties
- Free cereal
How To Apply
To apply, please email your covering letter, CV and links to examples of your work to email@example.com.
We will review your application and a member of our team may contact you to discuss your application further.
Thereafter, we may choose to invite you to a formal interview.
Finally, we may arrange a paid assessment day at our offices.
We’ll call you shortly after the assessment day to let you know whether you have been successful or not. If you haven’t been successful for one role don’t let that put you off applying for another! You may be better suited to a different role, team or department.
All successful applicants will arrive on time and be smart and pleasant to deal with.
Please come prepared with examples of recent work and expect to demonstrate at interview.
Please take the time to browse through our website to find out more about who we are and what we do.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on freephone 023 8033 2675.
No agencies please.